WORK WITH US . . .
See positions available below and please complete the form at the bottom of the page and we will contact you should an opportunity come up that suits your experience.
CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Chef De Partie – 20th October 2018
Join our dynamic kitchen team in our busy 3 level bistro, bar & events destination on the Noosa River.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Chef de Partie to work amongst our 3 levels in our recently upgraded kitchen within a professional team. Normal hospitality hours apply – working weekends, evenings and split shifts.
Candidates should have excellent ability to work well in a team, be reliable, hardworking and must have a passion for cooking. Applicants will have good leadership skills as well as the ability to take direction.
Skills & experience
- Experience in a similar fast paced kitchen
- Experience working with high quality food
- Trade qualifications for Chef de Partie
- Experience in both functions and a high volume kitchen
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Maintain excellent hygiene & food handling standards
- A willingness to learn, grow and a willingness to go above and beyond to deliver excellent dining experiences for our guests, every time, every shift
- Available to work a range of different shifts including day, night and weekends
- Eligibility to work in Australia
- Food production in accordance with production requirements, ensuring correct methods of cooking and presentation, consistency in product and quality to achieve a high level of guest satisfaction
- Assisting exec and sous chef in planning restaurant and function menus
- Assisting exec and sous chef with estimating food and labour costs, and daily food orders
- Assists with conducting daily briefings and meetings in restaurant and functions to ensure effective channels of communications are maintained, thus minimize errors. This includes strong communication with managers, kitchen and wait staff with special care in communicating dietary requirements and food allergy information
- Handle all food and beverage items and maintain all food storage, preparation and service areas in accordance with Australian Food Safety and Hygiene Standards
- demonstrating correct cooking and kitchen techniques for preparing and storing foods including sous vide, grilling, deep frying, cryovacing, freezing and preserving foods
- Assist in the departmental induction and training of kitchen staff as requested. May act as mentor to apprentice chefs
Work with a supportive company in a fantastic waterfront location in Noosa whilst cooking from scratch using high quality local ingredients with an experienced kitchen team. Send resumes to Chef Shane Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Little Boaty Coffee Bar
from 6am daily
Open 7 Days
Bistro – Lunch / Dinner from 11:30am
Fish & Chips Takeaway from 11am
Sunset Bar – from 4pm